Job Posting #: 1471-19
The Child and Youth Advocacy Centre (CYAC) of Nipissing advocate will be responsible for providing services to children who have been victimized by abuse and their non-offending caregivers. A primary role of an Advocate is to provide continued support and follow-up and to serve as a “support system” for families in the period between the initial investigation and the end of the legal proceedings.
Hours Of Work:
8 FTE (28 hours per week) – Long-term contract (June 10, 2019 to June 30, 2020)
North Bay, ON
Minimum $24.76 to maximum $31.32 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.Closing: May 15th, 2019
- Bachelor degree in a related field (child development, education, social work, criminology, human/social services);
- One (1) year direct or two (2) years of related work experience, including working with children, crisis intervention, victim advocacy, case management and safety planning;
- Superior facilitation skills and proven capacity to deliver results;
- Regular interaction with a variety of people (clients, families, service providers, colleagues, etc.); may be exposed to health and safety hazards during interactions in community/client homes
- Experience in social services and/or health care, public sector and/or non-profit experience would be considered an asset;
- Flexible works hours (early mornings/evenings/weekends) and work locations/environments within the region;
- High level of accountability and expectation
- Strong knowledge of community services and processes;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search;
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates; and,
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and use of a motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1471-19, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario