Job Posting #: 1502-19
The Senior Therapist implements behavioural programs and supervises Behaviour Therapists in their delivery of behavioural supports and services, for children in the Ontario Autism Program. S/he collaborates with family members, daycare, staff, school representatives and community partners to best support the individual needs of child, youth, and family. The Senior Therapist also ensures compliance with MCCSS/OAP standards.
The Senior Therapist reports directly to the Clinical Supervisor of Autism Services and receives clinical supervision from the Clinical Director of Autism Services.
Employee Engagement survey reports 94% of employees are proud to work at Hands.
Hours Of Work:
Full-time contract (35 hours per week). The Senior Therapist may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends. Contract ending September 2020 (with possibility of extension).
North Bay, ON
Minimum $28.27 to maximum $35.42 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Closing: August 29th, 2019
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Human Services and Certified BCBA/BCaBA designation, or working towards designation with commitment to achieve within prescribed timeline;
- Two (2) years direct behavioural work experience and one (1) year leadership/supervisory experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Knowledge of behaviour communication development/programming, and the principles of applied behaviour analysis;
- Superior knowledge and skills in the implementation of Intensive Behavioural Intervention;
- Team leadership, clinical supervision and case coordination experience;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and a variety of software packages;
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset;
- Possess a valid Ontario driver’s licence and availability of a reliable motor vehicle;
- Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy; and,
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1502-19, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario