Job Posting #: 1515-19
The Family Service Coordinator (FSC) acts as the family’s primary point of contact for service and program navigation in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP). The role includes developing, implementing, monitoring and updating each family’s OAP service plan, as led by the family, in collaboration with internal services teams and external partners.
With families, the FSC is responsible for coordinating services and supports within and outside the OAP to ensure child/youth and family needs are being best supported through both the OAP and their community. Additional responsibilities will include: OAP intake; referral, wait list and service management; and, direct funding coordination.
Long-term full-time contract position, 35 hours per week.
Contract to September 2020 with the possibility of extension.
Hours Of Work:
North Bay, ON
Parry Sound, ON
Minimum $28.27 to maximum $35.42 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Closing: September 24th, 2019
- Bachelor of Social Work; Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Minimum three years of direct experience working with families, including those with children with complex special needs; experience in Autism services is preferred
- Previous experience in case management and working with interdisciplinary teams, particularly with complex needs children
- Extensive knowledge of services and resources in the community
- Knowledge of Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) theory and integrated service delivery
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, and resourceful
- Advanced critical analysis, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; time management and effective prioritization required; solid judgment and good decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Action- and solution-oriented individual, who is self-motivated and demonstrates high accountability and a commitment to achieving results
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in various software packages
- Bilingualism (French/English) essential: non-bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply, as applications will be considered in event a qualified bilingual applicant is not selected for the position
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and availability of a reliable motor vehicle; able to be insured on Agency’s vehicle insurance plan
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search within six months
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1515-19, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario