Job Posting #: #1530-19
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is seeking a Service Navigator/Assessor to act as the first point of contact for clients wanting to access Adult Developmental Services. The Service Navigator/Assessor confirms clients’ eligibility to services and administers the application package with all individuals who are applying for Ministry funded Adult Developmental Services including reassessments, as well as, assist individuals, community partners and guardians to locate, match and bridge to local MCSS funded services.
Hours Of Work:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
Sturgeon Falls, ON
Minimum $27.07 to Maximum $34.25 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experienceClosing: October 14th, 2019
• Bachelor level education in human services.
• Minimum of five years recent experience working directly in the field of developmental services, or equivalent experience working in an occupation related to human services.
• Experience in intake, case management, service coordination, direct support and/or advocacy roles
• DSCIS experience considered an asset;
• Solid time management and organizational skills;
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of word processing, database, spreadsheet applications, electronic mail and Internet applications;
• Bilingualism (French/English) essential: non-bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply, as applications will be considered in event a qualified bilingual applicant is not selected for the position;
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and availability of a reliable vehicle;
• Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy; and,
• Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search (within six months).
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1530-19, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3