Job Posting #: 1531-19-2
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca, requires a Behaviour Therapist, who under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor, provides intervention services to children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder under the Ontario Autism Program. Services include direct behavioural therapy at various intensities, as well as Family Services and Training and acting as a community liaison.
Up to 35 hours per week. The BT may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends. Contract ending September 2020 (with possibility of extension).
The BT may travel within the region and be required to work in a variety of environments (e.g.: center-based, school, home, day care) depending on the child/families’ needs.
Hours Of Work:
Up to 35 hours per week
Minimum $21.14 to maximum $26.41 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.Closing: November 14th, 2019
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or diploma in Human Services;
- Post graduate autism certificate preferred;
- Six (6) months related work experience in behavioural intervention for children with autism preferred;
- Knowledge and skills in implementing behavioural strategies;
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills; knowledge and experience in training strategies;
- Knowledge in the use of video equipment and evaluation tools;
- Current CPR/First Aid certification;
- Training in crisis intervention would be considered an asset;
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle;
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset; and,
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1531-19-2, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario