Job Posting #: 1550-19
The Child and Family Therapist (CFT) provides core mental health treatment services and supports to children, youth and families, primarily with moderate to severe mental health concerns. We are seeking a team player who can provide walk-in single session client consultation, short and long-term counselling, and crisis intervention across environments, and is comfortable with traditional and technology-supported therapy modalities. The CFT assures that the family voice is integral to service and provides leadership in collaborating with community agencies and referral sources throughout the client’s course of treatment.
Hours Of Work:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
North Bay, ON
Sturgeon Falls, ON
Parry Sound, ON
Minimum $31.09 to maximum $38.96 per hour; salary commensurate with education and experience
- Master’s degree in a program with courses relevant to counseling, family therapy, psychotherapy; and, Registered Social Worker or Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) with at least one (1) year direct experience or two (2) years related experience;
- A Bachelor of Social Work degree with registration with the OCSWSSW, and a minimum of 5 years of related experience will be considered;
- Experience implementing therapy with children, adolescents, families and groups;
- Knowledge and experience in assessment and treatment best practices, evidence-based interventions, Family Therapy, Systems Theory, Brief Intervention Models and Crisis Assessment/Intervention;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer software;
- Subject to evening and weekend work as well as flexible work location/environment (i.e. schools, homes, daycare centres);
- Bilingualism (French/English) is essential for one position;
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle;
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1550-19, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario