Job Posting #: 1557-20
The Children’s Mental Health Treatment Centre in North Bay serves youth living in the Districts of Nipissing, Parry Sound and Muskoka. Mental health treatment and support is administered by Child and Youth Workers who work in shifts, 24/7, at the eight-bed treatment facility.
The Community Home provides long-term care to children and youth with special needs who are unable to live with their custodial parents due to the complexity of their needs.
Hours Of Work:
North Bay, ON
Minimum $22.60 to maximum $28.23 per hour, plus 4% in lieu of vacation entitlement
$14.00 plus 4% for sleep shifts
Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Recreation Therapy, Community and Justice Services, or Mental Health and Addictions Worker diploma;
- One (1) year direct or two (2) years related work experience;
- Knowledge and experience working with children/adolescents and their mental health issues;
- Knowledge and experience with child management techniques;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work within a team;
- Outdoors and recreation experience an asset;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates considered an asset;
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training would be considered an asset;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in a variety of software packages;
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates;
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search; and,
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and use of a motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1557-20, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario