Job Posting #: 1554-20
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is seeking an Autism Resource Coordinator to provide education, training and support to families, ensuring them opportunities to participate in evidence-based training interventions that assist children/youth to learn and use new skills. The Coordinator also provides clinical training, coaching and evaluation in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) to autism team members, as well as promoting knowledge, education and awareness of autism and autism services within the community.
Travel throughout the Northeast Region is required.
Hours Of Work:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
North Bay, ON
Parry Sound, ON
Minimum $29.68 to maximum $37.19 per hour; salary commensurate with education and experience
Closing: January 28th, 2020
- Bachelor level degree in Psychology or Human Services and Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst (BCaBA) or eligible for certification;
- One (1) year direct work experience or two (2) years related work experience;
- Superior knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and principals of ABA across a variety of service offerings (e.g., child/adolescent development, academics, parent-mediator, groups);
- Knowledge and experience in behavioral assessment tools (e.g., VB-MAPP, QABF);
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of clinical program development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Awareness of Ministry program guidelines for the Ontario Autism Program;
- Skills and experience in planning and providing training programs to staff and parents;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of word processing, database, spreadsheet applications, electronic mail and Internet applications;
- Bilingual (French/English) considered an asset;
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and availability of a reliable vehicle;
- Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy; and,
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search (within six months).
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1554-20, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario