Job Posting #: 1563-20
The Senior Therapist, reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, implements behavioural programs and supervises Behaviour Therapists in their delivery of behavioural supports and services, for children in the Hand’s Autism Program. S/he collaborates with family members, daycare, staff, school representatives and community partners to best support the individual needs of child, youth, and family. The Senior Therapist also ensures compliance with Ministry standards.
Full-time long-term contract. The Senior Therapist may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends. Contract ending March 31, 2021 (with possibility of extension).
The Senior Therapist may travel within the region and be required to work in a variety of environments (e.g.: center-based, school, home, day care) depending on the child/families’ needs.
Hours Of Work:
Full-time (35 hours per week)
Parry Sound, ON
Minimum $29.68 to maximum $37.19 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Human Services and Certified BCBA/BCaBA designation, or working towards designation with commitment to achieve within prescribed timeline;
- Two (2) years direct behavioural work experience and one (1) year leadership/supervisory experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Knowledge of behaviour communication development/programming, and the principles of applied behaviour analysis;
- Superior knowledge and skills in the implementation of Intensive Behavioural Intervention;
- Team leadership, clinical supervision and case coordination experience;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and a variety of software packages;
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset;
- Possess a valid Ontario driver’s licence and availability of a reliable motor vehicle;
- Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy; and,
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1563-20, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario