Job Posting #: 1578-20-2
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is seeking a Child and Family Therapist (CFT) who can provide core intensive mental health treatment services and supports to clients and their families engaged in live-in treatment services. The Child and Family Therapist will offer therapeutic supports to clients and their families before, during and following live-in treatment, using traditional and technology-supported therapy modalities. The CFT assures that the family voice is integral to service and provides leadership to internal staff and in collaboration with community agencies and referral sources throughout the client’s course of treatment.
Hours Of Work:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
North Bay, ON
|Minimum $31.09 to maximum $38.96 per hour with added clinical oversight responsibility pay; salary commensurate with education and experience|
Closing: April 6th, 2020
- Master’s degree in a program with courses relevant to counseling, family therapy, psychotherapy; and, Registered Social Worker or Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) with at least two (2) years direct experience or five (5) years related experience;
- A Bachelor of Social Work degree with registration with the OCSWSSW, a minimum of 5 years of related experience and pursuing a relevant Master’s degree will be considered;
- Experience assessing and implementing therapy with children, adolescents, families and groups;
- Knowledge and experience in assessment and treatment best practices including approaches in CBT and DBT; Family Therapy, Systems Theory, Brief Intervention Models and Crisis Intervention;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer software;
- Subject to evening and weekend work as well as flexible work location/environment (i.e. schools, homes, daycare centres);
- Bilingualism (French/English) is preferred;
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle;
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1578-20-2, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario