Job Posting #: 1580-20
The Children’s Mental Health Treatment Centre in North Bay serves youth living in the Districts of Nipissing, Parry Sound and Muskoka. Mental health treatment and support is administered by Child and Youth Workers who work in shifts, 24/7, at the eight-bed treatment facility.
The Overnight Awake Child and Youth Worker provides mental health treatment services and support in order to provide a therapeutic environment to help youth acquire functional and adaptable behaviours and build healthy relationships. In addition, the successful candidate will prepare and cook meals; maintain a clean and safe environment; and, conduct regular check-ins on clients throughout the night hours.
Hours Of Work:
Permanent .8 FTE (28 hours per week)
North Bay, ON
Minimum $18.98 to maximum $24.05 per hour
Salary commensurate with education and experienceClosing: May 14th, 2020
- Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Recreation Therapy, Community and Justice Services, or Mental Health and Addictions Worker diploma;
- One (1) year direct or two (2) years related work experience;
- Knowledge and experience working with children/adolescents and their mental health issues;
- Knowledge and experience with child management techniques;
- Safe Food Handling certificate and experience in food preparation for groups, including menu planning, bulk purchasing and cost control would be considered an asset
- Ability to perform thorough cleaning and light maintenance tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work within a team;
- Outdoors and recreation experience an asset;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates considered an asset;
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training would be considered an asset;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in a variety of software packages;
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search; and,
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and use of a motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1580-20, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario