Job Posting #: 1605-20
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is seeking a Developmental Services Practitioner (DSP) – Communications Focus to provide behaviour and communication therapy services to clients, in consultation with mediators and family members. The DSP consults with other professionals to ensure integration and organization of program objectives and will provide both direct services as well as support to families and other professionals. The DSP – Communications Focus works under the direction of a Speech Language Pathologist as required.
Hours Of Work:
Full-time contract (35 hours a week) ending October 2021, with possibility of extension
Parry Sound, ON
Minimum $27.60 to maximum $34.25 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Closed - Interviewing
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Human Services
• Post-graduate Communicative Disorders Assistant diploma or certificate.
• Registration with the Communicative Disorders Assistant Association of Canada (CDAAC).
• One (1) year direct or two (2) years of related work experience, including work with youth and adults with developmental disabilities or a dual diagnosis;
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer software;
• Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset;
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and availability of a reliable vehicle;
• Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy; and,
• Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1605-20, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario