Job Posting #: 1627-21
Passport is a program that helps adults with a developmental disability be involved in their communities and live as independently as possible by providing funding for community participation services and supports, activities of daily living and person-directed planning. The program also provides funding for caregiver respite services and supports for primary caregivers of an adult with a developmental disability.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is seeking a Passport Program Coordinator to facilitate the application process, make recommendations for funding allocations, monitor client community participation plans, and ensure financial accountability. The Coordinator is also an ambassador for the Passport program throughout the Districts. This position is based in North Bay and covers the North East Region.
Hours Of Work:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
North Bay, ON
Sturgeon Falls, ON
Parry Sound, ON
Minimum $27.60 to Maximum $34.25 per hour
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Closing: January 18th, 2021
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences;
• Minimum one (1) year direct or two (2) years relevant work experience;
• Knowledge of direct funding approach to service
• Previous experience in case management
• Previous experience in working with youth/adults with developmental disabilities and their families
• Knowledge of community resources and funding options
• Knowledge and skills related to budgeting processes
• Excellent public speaking/presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and with community partners
• Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in various software packages
• Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, clients and their families, visitors and volunteers;
• Contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for all in the organization;
• Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality;
• Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work;
• Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates;
• A valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a reliable motor vehicle are required for occasional travel within service territory; ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy; and
• Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1627-21, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario