Job Posting #: 1624-21
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is seeking a Data Analyst to provide data-driven analysis that supports the development and implementation of the strategic plan. The Data Analyst will develop, evaluate, coordinate, manage and maintain data information reporting systems with sensitivity. They will provide support to the Strategy and Performance team to focus on evidence-based decision-making. The Data Analyst plays a strategic and tactical role to ensure that client needs and funder expectations are being met in an effective and efficient manner.
Hours Of Work:
Full-time contract – 35 hours per week. Contract ending March 31, 2022 (with possibility of extension).
North Bay, ON
Minimum $24.51 to Maximum $31.29 per hour
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Closing: March 9th, 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Business Administration, Health Informatics, Finance or a related discipline, and Master’s degree would be an asset;
- A minimum two to five (2-5) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with research and data collection, analysis and reporting in a non-academic environment;
- Demonstrated ability in data collection including the preparation of logic models, evaluation frameworks and process maps;
- Expertise in the use of qualitative and quantitative methods; and the use and creation of statistical models and data collection tools;
- Aptitude for mathematics and statistics;
- Knowledge of statistical software applications such as Cognos is preferred; knowledge of GIS mapping software applications is an asset;
- Expert in Microsoft Excel including Vlookup, pivot tables and reporting;
- Expert in Microsoft PowerBI;
- Ability to analyze complex issues, summarize key findings and communicate findings effectively to various stakeholder groups;
- Ability to interpret and project data using various systems / tools and develop key performance indicators;
- Excellent writing, communication, research and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Ability to consistently deliver within established deadlines/guidelines;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to think and act strategically;
- Ability to utilize business intelligence and analytic tools;
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills;
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and work with Senior Leaders;
- Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, clients and their families, visitors and volunteers;
- Contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for all in the organization;
- Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality;
- Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work;
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates;
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle are required for occasional travel within service territory; ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy; and
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1624-21, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario