Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca welcomes you to its Child and Youth Services. Anyone may self-refer to services, or be referred with consent.
Call Hands at 1.800.668.8555 about help for your child, or for yourself if you are a child or youth who needs support. A member of our team will help connect you to resources or provide you with next steps.
For more information, including online help and apps to support children, youth and families, visit our Resources page.
Click here for our Child & Youth Online Referral Form
Call your local Hands office (toll-free 1.800.668.8555). A member of our team will help connect you to resources or provide you with next steps.
Child and Youth Mental Health
Please connect with one of Hands’ Weekly Online Counselling Clinics.
Hands’ Online Counselling Clinics are a barrier-free welcome to Child and Youth Mental Health Services. The Clinics provide a single session (approximately one hour), or as needed, we will work with you to create a plan for next steps.
Hands CYMH services now offer bookings for online counselling clinics Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 AM to 7 PM (last booked appointment at 5:30 PM). You can book an appointment by calling 1 800 668-8555 where, once you are registered, you will receive instructions to connect with a Child and Family Therapist online.
Hands CYMH services now offer bookings for online counselling clinics, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 AM to 7 PM (last booked appointment at 5:30 PM). You can book an appointment by calling 1-800-668-8555 where, once you are registered, you will receive instructions to connect with a Child and Family Therapist online.
Note: Hands’ Walk-In Clinics are not a crisis or emergency service. If you experiencing a crisis, please contact the Mental Health Crisis Line at 1.844.287.9072 or visit your nearest health centre.
Are you in crisis? Call the Child and Youth Mental Health Crisis Line – 1.844.287.9072
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and require support, please call our 24/7 Child and Youth Mental Health Crisis Line at 1.844.287.9072, or visit your nearest emergency health centre.
Contact Autism Services at Hands to learn how we can help you access services, use your funding, or navigate the service system, by calling 1.800.668.8555 ext. 1333 or email@example.com.
Free weekly Autism Consultations are available for children, youth and families across Northern Ontario using our Virtual Consultation Clinics.
Hands’ free Virtual Autism Consultations run every Tuesday, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (last session at 3:00 pm).
Connecting is Easy!
You can connect by video or phone from anywhere in Northern Ontario. No need to download software or have any special equipment. If joining by video, a member of our team will provide you with a link to join us from anywhere you have internet access. If connecting by phone, we will call you at the time of your session.
To make arrangements for a same-day virtual session, parents may call Hands at 1.800.668.8555 ext. 1333, starting at 9:00 am the morning of each Clinic.
Call Hands at 1.800.668.8555 to get started with Child Development Services and Supports, including:
- Great Beginnings groups, which are available for pregnant women and new parents with a child under two years of age.
- Infant and Child Development Services, which can address developmental concerns of your child from birth to school entry.
- Developmental Services for Children, which provides behavioural assessment and treatment for children or youth with a developmental disability who are experiencing a challenging behaviour or require support to acquire new skills.
Access to Hands’ Youth Justice Service varies by program. See the list of services below for details on how to get involved:
- Supervised Access Program: Referrals are made by the courts or local police services. Families can also self-refer by calling Hands at 1.800.668.8555.
- Youth Justice Committee Program: Referrals are made by the courts or local police services.
- Youth Mental Health Court Worker Program: Referrals can be made by families, community partners, schools, Hand’s clinician, courts or local police services, by calling Hands at 1.800.668.8555.