Job Posting #: 1847-24-2
The Accounting Clerk supports financial transactions related to accounts payable and accounts receivable. They are responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, ensuring timely payments to vendors, and handling client invoicing and collections. The Accounting Clerk will work closely with the finance team to support the overall financial health of the organization.
Hours of Work
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- North Bay, ON
Minimum $22.90 to maximum $27.86 per hour; salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled
- Two (2) year college diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, or relevant education
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience in AR/AP, reconciliations, and working with ERP Accounting Software, such as Netsuite, Sage, SAP, etc.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Intermediate software skills using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask at a high level of concentration
- Strong data entry skills with attention to accuracy of work
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
- Successful applicants will be required to provide:
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1847-24-2, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3