Job Posting #: 1826-23
The Behaviour Therapist will provide intervention services to children and adolescents with developmental disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The Behaviour Therapist will provide services such as direct behavioural therapy at various intensities to individuals or small groups. The Behaviour Therapist role focuses on teaching a multitude of skills across a variety of developmental domains. The position also includes supporting families, training and acting as a community liaison.
Hours of Work
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
The BT may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Parry Sound, ON
- The BT may travel within the region and be required to work in a variety of environments (e.g.: center-based, school, home, day care) depending on the child/families’ needs.
Minimum $25.42 to maximum $30.93 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled
- Two-year college diploma in Psychology, Behaviour Technician/Technologist, Autism and Behaviour Sciences, or Human Services
- Registered Behaviour Technician Certificate preferred
- Related work experience is an asset
- Knowledge and skills in implementing clinical strategies
- Intermediate software skills in using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook)
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are required
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
- Successful applicants will be required to provide:
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1826-23 to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3