Job Posting #: 1718-22
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca, requires a Behaviour Therapist who, under the direction of a Senior Therapist, provides intervention services to children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the Hands’ Autism Program. Services include direct behavioural therapy at various intensities, as well as family services, training and acting as a community liaison.
Hours of Work
- Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- The BT may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Parry Sound, ON
- The BT may travel within the region and be required to work in a variety of environments (e.g.: center-based, school, home, day care) depending on the child/families’ needs.
- Minimum $21.14 to maximum $26.41 per hour
- Salary commensurate with education and experience.
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or diploma in Human Services
- Post graduate autism certificate preferred
- Six (6) months related work experience in behavioural intervention for children with autism
- Knowledge and skills in implementing behavioural strategies
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills; knowledge and experience in training strategies
- Knowledge in the use of video equipment and evaluation tools
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Training in crisis intervention would be considered an asset
- Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to health and safety
- Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle
- Insurable on the agency’s automobile insurance policy
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found here.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1718-22, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario