Job Posting #: 1434-18
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca requires a Child and Family Therapist to provide assessment and treatment services to children and youth with mental health concerns, and their families. The incumbent will also offer consultative services to community agencies.
Hours Of Work:
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
Sturgeon Falls, ON
Minimum $28.27 to maximum $35.42 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Master’s degree in a program with courses relevant to counseling, family therapy, psychotherapy, and Registered Social Worker or Registered with the College of Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO);
- One (1) year direct experience or two (2) years related experience;
- Experience implementing therapy with children, adolescents, families and groups;
- Knowledge and experience in assessment and treatment best practices, evidence-based interventions, Family Therapy, Systems Theory, Brief Intervention Models and Crisis Assessment/Intervention;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety computer software;
- Subject to evening and weekend work as well as flexible work location/environment (i.e. schools, homes, daycare centres);
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle;
- Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy;
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search (within six months); and,
- Bilingualism (French/English) is essential; non-bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply, as applications will be considered in the event a qualified bilingual applicant is not selected for the position.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1434-18, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario