Job Posting #: 1435-18
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca, requires Behaviour Therapists (BT) to support the provision of and directly provide behavioral services to children and their families in the Ontario Autism Program, under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor.
Hours Of Work:
Up to 35 hours per week. The Behaviour Therapist (BT) may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends. Contract ending March 31, 2019 (with possibility of extension).
Whitney, ON. The BT may travel within the region and be required to work in a variety of environments (e.g.: center-based, school, home, day care) depending on the child/families’ needs. .
Minimum $20.14 to maximum $25.15 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or diploma in Human Services;
- Post graduate autism certificate preferred;
- Six (6) months related work experience in behavioural intervention for children with autism preferred;
- Knowledge and skills in implementing behavioural strategies
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills; knowledge and experience in training strategies;
- Knowledge in the use of video equipment and evaluation tools;
- Current CPR/First Aid certification;
- Training in crisis intervention would be considered an asset;
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle;
- Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy;
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset; and,
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1435-18, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario