Mental Health Week is May 2-8, 2022
Mental Health Week and Children’s Mental Health Week are May 2 to 8, 2022. In recognition of the week, Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca will be offering activities to educate and engage children, youth and families in mental health awareness.
Here’s what’s happening at Hands:
Free online workshop for caregivers
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
11 am to 12 pm
- Stress-reduction techniques and how to use them
- Caring for your own health and well-being
Link to join the Self-Care Workshop: https://bit.ly/3rMRPL1
Free online session for youth ages 12+
POSTPONED – Check our facebook page for updates
- Physical and mental health working together
- Benefits of self-compassion
- Feeling confident with good head-space
Link to join the Self-Compassion Fitness Session: http://ow.ly/A26e50IRNta
Free webinar for caregivers, professionals and youth ages 15+
Wednesday, May 4
6 pm to 7:30 pm
- Why people experience thoughts of suicide
- How to have open discussions about suicide and the benefits
- Ways people can help to prevent suicide
Presented in partnership with Near North District School Board.
Register online, here: http://ow.ly/26gi50IRhsJ
Chance to win $150!
How to enter:
- Create original artwork that shows what empathy means to you
- Submit your artwork by email to [email protected]. by May 7 at midnight
- Winners to be announced the week of May 9 on Facebook @HandsTheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca
- See full contest rules below.
Community, Provincial and National Events
- Exploring Empathy: A Canadian Conversation, hosted by CMHA, May 2 at noon. Register here
- CMHO Twitter Chat, May 4 at 8:00 pm
- Wellness Open House: Presented by OUTLoud North Bay, Thursday May 5
- The North Bay and District Mental Health Week Committee, of which Hands is a member, has organized week-long events. Check out the full calendar, here.
Official Art Contest Rules and Regulations:
- Each entry must be original artwork that displays what empathy or mental health means to you
- Prizes: Three (3) prizes will be awarded for each of the following age categories by random draw: category 1 (ages 0 to 10), and category 2 (ages 11 to 17). Prizes for each category are as follows: 1st prize is $150, 2nd prize is $75, 3rd prize is $25
- Only one (1) prize per entrant.
- Only two (2) art entries per family can be submitted
- The Contest is not open to employees of the Hands or the immediate family members. “Immediate family member” is defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse.
- Images of artwork must be submitted to [email protected]
- Images must be submitted as a JPG or PNG file
- Images should be as large as possible (without enlarging), but must not exceed 5,000 pixels in the long direction
- Hands will limit the number of entries to 120, giving entrants a 1-in-40 chance of winning a prize
- No purchase necessary
- By entering this art contest, you grant Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca permission to display your work on our Hands website and social media
- Winners will need to answer a skill testing question
- Contest ends May 7, 2022, at 11:59:59pm ET
- The prize draw will take place on May 11, 2022 at 12:00 pm, and the winner will be announced on Hands’ Facebook Page.