Job Posting #: 1760-22
The Child and Family Therapist (CFT) provides core mental health treatment services and supports to children, youth, and families, primarily with moderate to severe mental health concerns. We are seeking a team player who can provide walk-in single session client consultation, short and long-term counselling, and crisis intervention across environments, and is comfortable with traditional and technology-supported therapy modalities. The CFT assures that the family voice is integral to service and provides leadership in collaborating with community agencies and referral sources throughout the client’s course of treatment.
Hours of Work
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- North Bay, ON
- Sturgeon Falls, ON
Minimum $31.09 to maximum $38.96 per hour; salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled
- Master’s degree in a program with courses relevant to mental health, counseling, family therapy, psychotherapy; and Registered Social Worker, Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) with at least one (1) year direct experience or two (2) years related experience
- OR Bachelor’s degree in a program with courses relevant to mental health, counseling, family therapy, psychotherapy; and Registered Social Worker, Nurse, Occupational Therapist, or Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and minimum three (3) years direct experience in counselling and treatment or five (5) years related experience
- Experience assessing and implementing therapy with children, adolescents, families and groups
- Knowledge and experience in assessment and treatment best practices including approaches in CBT and DBT; Family Therapy, Systems Theory, Brief Intervention Models and Crisis Intervention
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer software
- Subject to evening and weekend work as well as flexible work location/environment (i.e. schools, homes, daycare centres)
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
- Successful applicants will be required to provide:
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1760-22, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3