What are Clinical Services?
Adult Clinical Services help adults with developmental disabilities find the best-suited clinical services for them. Our clinical services team helps you meet your needs and goals based on your individualized treatment plan.
How can Hands’ Clinical Services help me?
We can help you with:
- Clinical assessments and treatment
- Identifying clinical treatment needs and goals
- Finding strategies to help achieve your goals
- Addressing behaviours that may be a health or safety risk
- Developing new skills through hands-on coaching
- Evaluating progress toward goals
- Caregiver, family, and mediator education on disabilities and developmental needs
- Resource sharing, including literature and other learning materials
What other Clinical Services are available?
The North Community Network of Specialized Care also provides clinical services. The North Network clinicians work with many community partners to form a network of support that covers all of Northern Ontario. Their goal is to enhance the quality of life of adults with a developmental disability.
How can North Community Network Clinical Services help me?
We use in-person and virtual services to accommodate your needs. We can help you with:
- Assessment, consultation, and treatment
- Psychology services
- Behaviour services
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Occupational Therapy services
- Accessing other clinical service needs that may not be available in your community
How can I get started?
Your first step to accessing our clinical services is applying to Developmental Services Ontario. Developmental Services Ontario is the single point of access for all adult developmental services in Ontario.