The health and safety of our clients and community is our top priority at Hands. We recognize that many of our clients and their families might have questions about the COVID-19 pandemic, and are happy to be able to share these resources to help answer questions
Check out our Facebook and twitter for additional tips on coping with COVID-19
- THIS IS ABOUT MY HEALTH: Tools to help you stay health NEW!
- COVID-19 Daily Update by Dr. Andy Thompson
- Being Pregnant & Having a Baby during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Managing Anxiety during Social Distancing!
- Setting Up a Positive Home Leaning Environment
- Virtual Meet Up and Support for Adults Siblings with Developmental Disability
- COVID Videos and Webinars
Homeschooling and Work Life
- Fun Activities to Help Kids and Families Keep Learning and Stay Healthy NEW!
- Fun & Educational Websites
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Free Resources for School Closures
- Daily Schedule
- Canadian Center for Child Protection-Online Safety
- 20 of the Best Homeschooling Websites and Learning Resources
- Keeping Kids Safe Online
- How to Home School for Free
- ODSP One Time COVID Support Payment
COVID and Coping
- How to Build Your Social Circle NEW!
- How to support kids’ and teens’ mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic NEW!
- Being in an Abusive Home During COVID-19: Tips and Resources NEW!
- Tips for Parents to Help Their Kids Cope with “Increasing the Bubble” NEW!
- Teen COVID-19 Resource NEW!
- Guide to Self Care
- Self Care
- Video For Adults who have Siblings with a Developmental Disability
- Family Resource Guide
- Community Service Providers
- 10 Thing to help reduce stress and anxiety related to COVID 19
- COVID-19 Communication Rights Toolkit for persons with speech-related disabilities
- Pregnancy, Breastfeeding and Parenting
- COVID with Kids
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support
- COVID-19 Crisis: Harm Reduction Resources for People who Use Drugs
- Online Resources of support for people with substance use disorders
- Parenting Tips
- Explaining COVID-19 with Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Emotional Survival Guide for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Supporting a discussion with children and youth
- Supporting individuals with Autism through uncertain times