Job Posting #: 1710-22
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist supports the agency by contributing to the development of, implementing and supporting human resources programs designed to maximize performance and meet strategic priorities. Key areas of responsibility include: working with the HR Team to develop, implement, support and evaluate HR and Health and Safety (H&S) systems and practices; monitoring HR and H&S data to identify trends and making recommendations for improvement; acting as a resource to all employees; consulting and providing HR and H&S expertise to management.
The HR Generalist is a leader within the organization and is committed to supporting a positive corporate culture, strong partnerships, effective communication, and performance management principles.
Hours of Work
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- North Bay, ON
Minimum $27.60 to maximum $34.25 per hour;
Salary commensurate with education and experience
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled; Applications will be reviewed beginning on January 31, 2022.
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree with specialization in Human Resources or university degree with post-graduate HR diploma
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation, or working towards designation with commitment to achieve within prescribed timeline
- Minimum three (3) years of direct experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple human resource areas, including recruitment, selection, compensation, training, return to work and accommodations, employment law and health and safety required
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Excellent oral, written (including spelling and grammar), presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong relationship-building ability; proactive, and resourceful
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams applications; knowledge of HRIS would be an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of change and project management practices
- Data analysis and basic research skills
- Action and solution-oriented individual, who is self-motivated and demonstrates high accountability and a commitment to achieving results
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Solid judgment and good decision-making skills
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, clients and their families, visitors, and volunteers
- Contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for all in the organization
- Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; and
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found here.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1710-22, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario