Each year, Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca recognizes April 2 as World Autism Awareness Day as declared by the United Nations (UN). This year’s theme focuses on celebrating the contributions of people with autism at home, at work, in the arts, and in policy making.
There are many ways you can get involved in World Autism Awareness Day:
Join an event
- Kirkland Lake’s annual Autism Awareness Walk – April 2
- United Nations virtual event – Transformation: Toward a Neuro-Inclusive World for All – April 2
- Autism Ontario’s Celebrate the Spectrum – articles and videos
- Wear blue on April 2 with Autism Speaks
- One Kids Place’s World Autism Day event on April 2
Learn more about autism
- Read some of our recommended books as reviewed by members of our Autism and Behavioural Services Team
- Check out our Tip Sheet on Autism Spectrum Disorder
Follow Hands Autism Services on Facebook to learn more.