Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) is the single point of access for all Ministry funded adult services, helping adults with developmental disabilities connect to services and supports in their communities. There are nine DSO agencies across Ontario to serve you. To learn more about Developmental Services Ontario, please follow this link: www.DSOntario.ca.
Developmental Services Ontario – North East Region (DSO NER) is a program of Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca. The DSO NER serves the following areas: Nipissing, Cochrane, Timiskaming, Parry Sound, Muskoka and the James Bay Coast.
To read a transcript of this video, please click here.
How DSO Can Help
Developmental Services Ontario will:
- Provide intake support
- Provide information
- Confirm eligibility
- Complete application package (including determination and reassessment of service and support needs)
- Refer to community urgent response process where required
- Match eligible and prioritized individuals to services and support
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting information to the ministry to support system forecasting
How to Contact Developmental Services Ontario – North East Region
Your feedback and questions are important to us. You can provide us with feedback by emailing the DSO NER at [email protected] or calling 1-855-376-6376.
Third Party Providers
In addition to services and supports that are available from ministry-funded developmental service agencies, a person with a developmental disability may choose to seek services from a third party provider. These private, or for-profit, providers are not funded by the government and therefore are not subject to ministry oversight, such as compliance inspections or service expectations that government-funded service providers must adhere to.
Information on third party service providers is made available to assist in making well-informed decisions about services and supports for adults with a developmental disability and should not be constituted as an endorsement of those services.
People with developmental disabilities, and/or their family or caregiver should connect directly with the service provider to understand and assess what’s being offered. The following factors should be considered when assessing a private/for-profit service provider:
- The quality of the service
- The associated service policies (e.g. insurance coverage, hiring practices)
- Any associated fees
- Whether the service provider and service are acceptable to them and/or meets their personal needs.
- For information about whether a service provider is government-funded, speak with your local Developmental Service Ontario office and/or the service provider.
Following a compliance inspection in January 2018, DSO North East Region was found to be IN COMPLIANCE with Ontario Regulation 299/10 of SIPDDA (Quality Assurance Measures) and/or policy directives applicable to Ministry-funded services and supports for adults with developmental disabilities.
Developmental Services Ontario North East Region and Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca are committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Follow the link for more information on the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and to read our Accessible Customer Service Plan.
Developmental Services Ontario North East Region through Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is a designated agency under the French Language Services Act in Nipissing, Timiskaming and parts of East Parry Sound. The DSO NER and Hands complies with all requirements under the French legislation. For more information about the French Language Services Act visit: http://www.ofa.gov.on.ca/en/flsa.html.
Developmental Services Ontario North East Region through Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca abide by the Human Rights Code legislation. For more information on the HRC of Ontario visit: http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code.
- Community Counselling Centre of Nipissing
- Community Living Mattawa
- Community Living North Bay
- Community Living West Nipissing
- L’Arche North Bay
Muskoka / Parry Sound Region
- Almaguin Highlands Community Living
- Christian Horizons
- Community Living Parry Sound
- Community Living Huntsville
- Community Living South Muskoka
- Muskoka-Parry Sound Community Mental Health Services
Cochrane and Temiskaming Districts
- Access Better Living
- Cochrane Temiskaming Resource Centre
- Community Living Iroquois Falls
- Community Living Kirkland Lake
- Community Living Temiskaming South
- Community Living Timmins – Integration Communautaire
- Intégration Communautaire Hearst Community Living
- James Bay Association for Community Living
- North East Association for Community Living