Job Posting #: 1771-22
The Senior Therapist, reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, implements behavioural programs and supervises Behaviour Therapists in their delivery of behavioural supports and services, for children in the Hand’s Autism Program. S/he collaborates with family members, daycare staff, school representatives and community partners to best support the individual needs of child, youth, and family. The Senior Therapist also ensures compliance with Ministry standards.
Hours of Work
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
The Senior Therapist may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Timmins, ON
Minimum $29.68 to maximum $37.19 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
This posting will remain open until the position has been filled
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Human Services and Board-Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst (BCaBA)
- Two (2) years direct behavioural work experience and one (1) year leadership/supervisory experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Knowledge of behaviour communication development/programming, and the principles of applied behaviour analysis
- Superior knowledge and skills in the implementation of Intensive Behavioural Intervention
- Team leadership, clinical supervision, and case coordination experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency in the use of computers and a variety of software packages
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety, with a willingness to contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for clients and their families/caregivers, colleagues, other community members and yourself
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
- Successful applicants will be required to provide:
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle; insurability on Agency vehicle insurance policy
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Hands will engage in reasonable workplace accommodation, short of undue hardship, for any successful candidate who has a documented exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hands’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and associated Procedures can be found on our website: https://thefamilyhelpnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/COVID-19-Vaccination-Policy-and-Procedures-EN-R-10.20.21.pdf
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1771-22, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3