Job Posting #: 1653-21
The Senior Therapist, reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, implements behavioural programs and supervises Behaviour Therapists in their delivery of behavioural supports and services, for children in the Hand’s Autism Program. S/he collaborates with family members, daycare staff, school representatives and community partners to best support the individual needs of child, youth, and family. The Senior Therapist also ensures compliance with Ministry standards.
Hours Of Work:
35 hours per week
Minimum $29.68 to maximum $37.19 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Closing: April 20th, 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Human Services and Certified BCBA/BCaBA designation or working towards designation with commitment to achieve within prescribed timeline;
- Two (2) years direct behavioural work experience and one (1) year leadership/supervisory experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Knowledge of behaviour communication development/programming, and the principles of applied behaviour analysis;
- Superior knowledge and skills in the implementation of Intensive Behavioural Intervention;
- Team leadership, clinical supervision, and case coordination experience;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and a variety of software packages;
- Actively demonstrate an ongoing commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, clients and their families, visitors and volunteers;
- Contribute and lead in the culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events for all in the organization;
- Demonstrate ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality;
- Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada prior to commencing work;
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle;
- Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy;
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates; and,
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1653-21, to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario