What are Clinical Services?
Adult Clinical Services offer assessment, treatment, and education for adults with developmental disabilities, and their families and caregivers. Our team of professionals help you meet your goals by understanding your individual needs and creating a plan to support you.
We also provide clinical support across Northern Ontario through partnerships with other developmental service agencies. This network of support provides access to qualified, regulated professionals across the Region, including in rural and remote communities.
How can Hands’ Clinical Services help me?
We can help you with:
- Clinical assessments and treatment
- Identifying clinical treatment needs and goals
- Finding strategies to help achieve your goals
- Addressing behaviours that may be a health or safety risk
- Developing new skills through hands-on coaching
- Evaluating progress toward goals
- Caregiver, family, and mediator education on disabilities and developmental needs
- Resource sharing, including literature and other learning materials
We are dedicated to delivering high-quality services that are tailored to meet your needs. Our team of experts offer support in the following areas: Registered Psychotherapy; Psychological Services; Registered Social Work; Behaviour Services; Speech-Language Pathology; Occupational Therapy; and, accessing other Clinical Services as needed.
Our Clinical Team can support you with:
- Relationship skills
- Social wellbeing
- Healthy living and aging
- Sexuality and gender
- Sensory needs
How can I get started?
Your first step to accessing our clinical services is applying to Developmental Services Ontario. Developmental Services Ontario is the single point of access for all adult developmental services in Ontario.