Get help with service coordination, behavioural consultation, and speech-language consultation from anywhere in Northern Ontario. Our services are open to families who have a child or youth diagnosed with Autism.
Consultation spots are available every Tuesday between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, with extended evening hours the first Tuesday of every month (last appointment at 6:00 pm). If Tuesday doesn’t work for your family, call to arrange a different day that suits your schedule.
Contact us to schedule an appointment with us today
Spend 1.5 to 2 hours learning about Autism-specific tools and techniques Seminars are 1.5 to 2-hour long information sessions for caregivers. Each seminar focuses on a specific topic to help you engage with a child or youth with Autism. We focus on sharing information and giving you general strategies to increase your confidence in your chosen topic area.
Caring for Caregivers
This clinic allows you to meet other caregivers and help mitigate day-to-day stresses by discussing topics that are important to you. We meet for one hour per week for a nine-week period, and our sessions are facilitated by a Registered Social Worker. This clinic doesn’t run all the time, so view our calendar of events or contact us to get more information.
Support for Parents and Caregivers of Children with Developmental Concerns
Infant and Child Development Supports
Our services offer coaching to parents on activities that will help boost their child’s development. We also provide strategies on how to best interact with your child to support their development.
Developmental Services for Children
We offer supports for children and youth under 18 years who have a developmental disability, and their families.
We can help parents/caregivers by:
- Helping caregivers learn new ways to support positive behaviour
- Educating caregivers on topics related to children with developmental delays and behaviour
Support for Parents and Caregivers with Young Families
Great Beginnings programs support pregnant women and parents of young children 0 to 3 years of age. We offer opportunities for play, resource sharing and parenting strategies. This service is available to families in the Muskoka and Parry Sound Districts.
We are currently offering many of our Great Beginnings services online. Our online supports include:
- Interactive groups. Our groups provide social connection and support for pregnant women and new parents. Groups are offered Tuesday mornings in Muskoka and Thursday afternoons in Parry Sound.
- Education sessions. Learn about topics of interest to pregnant women and new parents, delivered by community professionals. Sessions run each Tuesday at 1:00 pm.
- Virtual community kitchens. Learn about healthy eating, pre- and post-natal nutrition and more while trying out a nutritious recipe. Registered participants will receive a meal kit or food voucher and a link to a pre-recorded cooking demonstration.
- Closed Facebook groups to share information and resources.
- Special events throughout the year.